Monday, January 23, 2012

Week 3 Challenge: Update

Week 3 Challenge: Bad Habit Be Gone!

Challenge Reminder: This week, the challenge is to get rid of a bad habit for a week (or, at least, try).

My challenge goal was to use a "swear jar" to tame my potty mouth.

How did it go?  Not great, but not terrible.  The frog ended up with $8.65 (I think I missed a dime somewhere...), so not too terrible.


The thing is, after a while, I just started putting in money when I'd remember.  Like, I would call someone an A-hole while driving and tell myself "remember to put in your quarter" and by the time I got around to it, I had multiple words to pay for, so I would just estimate and round up, so I don't think I swore that much, but I could be wrong.

I don't think the swear jar was as effective as I had hoped.  I did cut back on yelling the F-word at crummy drivers and I pretty much stopped saying "what the S?", so I guess that did help.  I guess when I said Ass or Hell, all I thought was, "At least I'm not using the big naughty words."

Fail.

So, did you rid yourself of your bad habit?

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment