Monday, January 9, 2012

Training Day 1

With the gorgeous weather, I have been yearning to get outside and go.  My knee, however, has had a different idea.  Just when I thought it was getting better, it got worse.  Just when I thought it was getting worse, it felt better.  It doesn't seem to know what it wants...kinda like a woman...  :)

Unfortunately for my knee, I have a training schedule to get to...

This evening, I ran again.  It was the first time in a week.  I planned to do 1 mile.  Just 1 mile.  Enough to calibrate my Nike +.

It started out really poorly.  My knee hurt.  Bad.  Really bad until about .25 miles.  Then, it just didn't hurt anymore.  I don't really know if it went numb or if it just finally loosened up, but it just didn't hurt anymore.

So, I kept running.  I ran 1.5 miles, just slightly further than I had planned.  I had told my dad that I was going for a really short run to test my knee and that if I wasn't back in less than an hour, I'm probably lying on the side of the highway with my leg in my hand.  I figured that meant I should get home before he sent out a search party.

My pace was decent (9:32/mile) and I felt okay afterward, so I'm marking it as a 'GO' on the training!  As long as I'm careful...

I soaked my knee in a warm bath after dinner to ease some of the ache.  I followed it with some ice.  Here's hoping tomorrow doesn't leave me limping!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment