Monday, January 16, 2012

Week 3 Challenge: Bad Habit Be Gone!

Week 3 Challenge: Bad Habit Be Gone!

This week, the challenge is to get rid of a bad habit for a week (or, at least, try).

If you know me personally, you know I can have a bit of a...potty mouth...  Since Lilly picks up and repeats everything, I have been trying really hard not to say naughty words around her.  Well, I know that if I use them when she isn't around, they slip out when she is around, so I just need to rid myself of them once and for all.  Besides, cussing is really unattractive... :(  How am I going to do this?  I know it is lame, but some quarters in the "swear jar" might break me of this habit!  I'm hoping that if I see how many coins I have in there, I will realize just how much I say it and maybe I will make myself more aware.

Mr. Frog is Ready to Shut His Mouth and Take My Money

What words qualify?  Obviously, the big three: F*#@, S*!%, B*$^&.  In fact, if I use the effenheimer, that is an automatic four quarters in the jar.  The s-word will cost me three quarters.  If I call anyone a beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-otch...well, that will make me owe two quarters.  A$$ and H€££ will each set me back 25¢.  Am I missing any big ones?

Also, I’m hoping that word-replacement will help.  Perhaps, Fricklefrack, Sugar, and Beach will help me through…

So, what is your bad habit?  And how are you going to get rid of it?

XOXO



No comments:

Post a Comment