Monday, December 12, 2011

Weekend in Review

 The weekend was a nice one.
  • Friday:
    • Enjoyed a dinner at Famous Dave's with Lee and Lilly.  I know it was a bazillion calories, but it was so worth it to get to enjoy some grub out with the two best people.  Lilly was such a good kiddo while we were out, so it made it even better.
    • Went shopping with my Mom for a bit.  She made me get some clothes for "under the tree" since I don't have a lot of clothes that fit me anymore.  This ended in her giving me them all save for a pair of jeans because she doesn't "feel like wrapping all that stuff".
  • Saturday:
    • Got to pick up my Bibs and Gear for Polar Dash and Get Lucky.  They had it set up really well and the gear is A-W-E-S-O-M-E!
    • Had lunch with Lee downtown at Rock Bottom Brewery.  It was nice to spend some time together.
    • Went and got student rush tickets with Lee for Christmas.  We saw Les Misérables (Lee's favorite show) at the Orpheum (my favorite theatre).  It was a great show.  We had great seats.  It was a great time.
    • Grabbed a slice of pizza at Mesa Pizza in Dinkytown on our way home (oh, Mac and Cheese pizza...how I love thee!)
  • Sunday:
    • Got to read the paper and enjoy a cup of coffee and breakfast while Lilly and Daddy ran to the store.
    • Did some more shopping with my Mom.  It was a rather unsuccessful trip for me, but she got something she had been looking for.  I got some Starbucks, so that was a nice treat!
    • Post-shopping nap during football.  It was delightful (even if Lilly REALLY didn't want me to sleep)
    • 4-5 loads of laundry (this is what happens when you miss a weekend of laundry and are too lazy to do it during this week...) and we aren't quite done.
    • Wrapped some presents.  I'm not quite done, but I'm getting there!
As you can see, the planned 2.5 miles outside did not happen.  The plan was to do them Sunday after my nap, but that lasted until 4:13 or so...as it was getting dark.  And there was NOTHING that was getting me on that treadmill last night, so the run just didn't happen.  I was really bummed about it, but now, I'm just letting it roll.

So, I'm rethinking my workout plan for the near future.  The treadmill and I are are still enemies, so the straight 2+ mile runs are worse than torture.  I'm thinking maybe some speed drills or something.  I don't know, but I have to figure something out...

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment