Sunday, December 4, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Yes, I realize that I'm posting this a week and a half late...but whatever...

Thanksgiving is probably one of my favorite holidays. It is the one time of year that my entire family (Dad's side) gets together...and this year was no different. This year, in fact, it was even better, but I will get to that...

Anyway, on to my Thanksgiving Day 2011 (*break it down, now!*):
  • Woke up way too early to go with Jason and Jen to run the Fast Before the Feast 5k in White Bear Lake. I started of the day WAY AWESOME with a new personal record 5k time of 30:16 (hush up, you...I know I'm pokey...)
    That's me in pink behind the lady with a turkey on her head...
  • Headed back home to shower and get ready for the Miller Family Extravaganza!  Helped cook and clean and get everything perfect.  And people came and came! It wasn't just my Dad's side of the family either! It was my Mom's brother and his family (more on this later) and two of Lee's brothers and there were friends!
    Tammy (sis), Jason (bro) and me...I love how special we all look

  • Ate lots and lots and lots of great food (Mom always makes the best Thanksgiving meals!) I got sick and then I proceeded to eat more! And then I took a break and ate some more! And then dessert (or rather, desserts!) And then I rested and everyone left and I ate some more!
  • Checked out the Black Friday ads and finalized the plan of attack with my mom. Did not go to bed (as stores opened at midnight!), but ate some more while waiting to head out.
And I sang The Thanksgiving Song by Adam Sandler quite a bit...because it is funny to sing on Thanksgiving.  Okay...so I could only remember the part that is like "Turkey lurkey dee and turkey lurkey daa...I like to eat Turkey with my Ma"...if that is really even part of it...but still..

I leave you with the song...and the lame video some made...

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment