Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Merry Christmas 2011

I love Christmas.  I love spending time with family and Christmas is one of the best opportunities for that.

Christmas Eve is when we have always celebrated with my immediate family.  Hanging out with the siblings and the grandmas, Uncle Harold whining worse than us kids about wanting to open presents, football (if applicable), dinner, presents and more hanging out before sleeping to await Santa's arrival.

The cast has changed a bit with some departures and some new arrivals, but the game is pretty much the same.

Hang out.  Snacks.  Football.  Dinner.  Presents.

Did I mention that I love Christmas?

This year was a little different for me.  It was a bit more active than the usual "sit-like-a-lump-and-snack-while-waiting-for-dinner-and-presents"

  • Last minute grocery/Christmas shopping with Mom
  • Bake pretzel rolls
  • 2.5 mile run with Jason
  • Bake pumpkin pie for Ty
  • Attempt to get two 2-year-olds to sit still for a picture
  • Open presents/Help a 2-year-old open presents
  • Put together a giant play kitchen

It was great.  It always is.  My run was great, as well.  It was the first time I did a longer run with someone (not an official race) and held a conversation the whole time.  I felt great until afterward when I realized I had done something to one of my toes...*sigh*...still hurts.

Christmas morning we headed to GB for the day.  Visited with family, Lilly got to play with Grandpa, Grandma, Uncle Dan and Uncle Pat (and some cousins!) and then headed back the next day.  It was a short trip, but Lee had to work today, so there wasn't much of an option.

Plan for the week?

  • Clean here and there
  • Run a few times
  • Read my book
  • Relax a bit
  • Go out to celebrate my birthday
  • ???

I didn't do much for myself last week...it was more about prepping for the holiday.  This week will be about me!  Oh, some cleaning and stuff, too, I guess.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment