Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Treadmill or Outside? Outside, hands down!

I still don't like the treadmill (though I did have a very nice 2.5 miler on Monday), so I have been craving an outdoor run since in snowed and got colder and since it is too dark to run by the time I get home (our neighborhood has 1 streetlight {yes...I said 1 streetlight} and it is right across from our house).  I had Lee pick up Bean last night (since it was 37 degrees out) and I zoomed home, threw on my running gear, and took off.

2.5 miler up a big hill and back down a little hill

The run was going fairly well.  I felt pretty damn good!  However, shortly after the 1.5 mile mark, I got a sharp pain under my rib.  It was like somebody stabbed me with a knife and twisted it.  It stopped me in my tracks.  I couldn't breathe because the pain was so bad. I had to walk really slowly for about 3 minutes/stop to try to stretch it out (which totally threw off my pace...bummer).

Overall, it was okay.  I got to run outside and still did okay despite the long, big hill around the 1 mile mark (and my stalling pain).  Oh, yeah, I got a huge knot in my right thigh from the cold after I was done and walking.  Walked it out on the treadmill and took a nice little bath.  'Twas enjoyable.

I am ahead of schedule for training this week, so that makes me really happy!  I can  will do this!

XOXO

PS totally figured out my Half Marathon training route last night...yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment