Friday, December 23, 2011

Let It Snow!

We sure had the snow coming down this morning despite the weatherman saying it would be a brown Christmas.    I am THRILLED because I love the snow!!!  You cannot have a Minnesota Christmas without snow.  Anyway, I've been slacking on the running thing lately, so I made myself go today.  I took a shot of the road...

Makes Sense Why I Had NO Traction...

Well, it was probably the best run I have ever had.  I felt great once I hit the road where I usually come back (around 2.5 miles), so I just kept going (up a big hill).  I have never been on a run before and not thought "WHEN THE HELL IS THIS TORTURE GOING TO END?!?!?"  I have never been on a run before and thought, "I feel pretty good...let's keep going!"  It was a great feeling :)  I ran a little loop and then ran to the end or our street (dead end).  40:03 was how long I ran (with crappy traction in the snow).  I tracked my route when I got back...3.93 miles!  I was .07 miles short of 4 miles!!!  That is still the longest I have ever run at one time.  And I had a realization...

I can totally run a half marathon...

Birthday dinner tonight with Lee and then Christmas Eve with the family tomorrow (and perhaps a morning run).  I might try my hand at making pretzel rolls tomorrow!!!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment