Saturday, November 24, 2012

2012 Fast Before the Feast 5k

On Thanksgiving morning, Jason picked me up and we headed to White Bear Lake to run the 2012 Fast Before the Feast 5k.  We ran this one last year, so I knew exactly what to expect for the course.  My knee injury was still nagging (started physical therapy for it on Monday...), but I did it anyway.  Jason had a sore leg, so I figured we could take it nice and easy and keep each other going.  Once we hit the start line, Jason said good luck and took off, so I was at it alone.

No biggie, as I normally end up racing alone, but I knew right off the bat it would be tough to keep it going.  My knee was screaming at me within a quarter mile, but I tried to ignore it and keep going.  I will spare you the boring recap, but I only made it to the 2.5 mile mark before I had to walk.  I started up the huge hill, but had tears in my eyes and knew it was bad, so I forced myself to walk.  This is very difficult for me, as I have never had to walk in a 5k.  It happens.  For the last half mile, I would run until the tears would start and then walk until I could get them to stop.  I finished this one and it was the slowest 5k I have ever run.

33:44

After the Last Sibling Race of the Year

Not exactly how I wanted to end up 2012 running season.  With my knee still acting up, I don't see myself running another one this year.

Injuries happen and there isn't a lot you can do about them.  I'm just hoping with physical therapy, I can get my knee back to where it needs to be so I can actually run again.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment