Saturday, November 17, 2012

Thankful - Family Adventure Day

11.17.12

I am thankful for what we like to call Family Adventure Day.  It is basically a day where Lee, Lilly and I go out as a family and do something fun.  Today was Family Adventure Day and we had a doozie!

First, we had breakfast at Al's (and, of course, Lilly still hasn't stopped talking about the Minnie pancake they made her).  Then, we were off to Sea Life at Mall of America where we saw sting rays and sharks and eels (oh, my!).  After a few laps around the mall (including Lindt chocolate and a quick nap from Lilly), we hit up the Amazing Mirror Maze (thank you, Groupon).  It was way more difficult to get through than I thought it would be, but it was worth the $8 I paid for the three of us to go.  Before we left, we shared a Cinnabon (which before we even saw, Lilly exclaimed, "I smell something delicious!").  It was tasty.  After MOA, we hit up IKEA (always an adventure in itself).  We got a few things and then headed down for a quick visit with visit Aunt Tammy and Uncle Tony and Rosie and Chasey.  Soon, we were back on the road headed to visit Grandma and Papa before FINALLY getting home.  We spent about 14 hours out and about today for Family Adventure Day.

Why am I thankful for them?  Because it forces me to be creative with finding things that we will all three enjoy without spending a bunch of money.  Besides, I get to spend ALL DAY with the two people I love the most.  I wouldn't trade these days for anything :)

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment