Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Treadmill Running

It is no secret how much I hate treadmill running.

BUT...something seems to have changed.

Don't get me wrong...I still don't like it...but it isn't as bad as it used to be.

I remember when the thought of having to bust out two miles on the dang treadmill was worse than the thought of cutting off my left leg and using my toes to gouge out my eyes.  I. HATED. IT.

I don't know if it was just because I was still not in shape or because I was still just a whiney baby...but things are different now!

I still don't like the treadmill (as I said above), but I don't make up every possible excuse not to run 3 miles on it.  Saturday, I opted to avoid negative wind chills and high winds for a quick 3 miler on the treadmill.  Last night, I opted for the treadmill for my 3 miles again to avoid the dark.  I think my endurance is finally getting up where I want/need it to be, so that helps.  Also, it helps if there is something good on tv and I play games with myself while I run (ie: run at 6.8 mph until the end of the commercial or you can bump it down .1 mph when "fill-in-the-blank" comes on screen).

Silly?  Yes.

Helpful?  Double yes.

That's all I have for now.

XOXO

PS Happy Valentine's Day!  Lee sent me flowers at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment