Thursday, May 16, 2013

Miss Me???

Where have you been, you ask?  Well, since my race on Sunday, I have had my ankle injury flare up a bit (especially with no rest thanks to work...).  I've finally figured out what it is (I think): Posterior Tibial Tendonitis.  After research, it pretty much sounds like what I've got.  I am no doctor and would never claim to be, but this is my best guess.  While I may not actually have tendonitis, the issue is most definitely involving that tendon!

It is really frustrating.  I am just getting back into the place I want to be and I get hurt again.  This time around, I've been being so careful (though maybe not exactly resting when I know I should...).  You know, it is really hard to run when you have a hard enough time walking without your ankle randomly collapsing under you with pain shooting through it.  I even bumped it weird in bed in the middle of the night which woke me right up!  I think I will see if I can dig out my old ankle brace for work today and worry about actually getting some rest tomorrow, perhaps.  We shall see :)

Have a lovely day!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment