Sunday, October 30, 2011

2011 Monster Dash 5k

Yesterday, I ran the Monster Dash 5k.  It was one of the most fun runs I've done so far.  There were tons of people in tons of costumes...including us!

Sideline Superheros, at your service
Captain Ankle Roll (me), Super Side Stitch (Kali), and Batback (Christa)

We had a good time before the race hanging out and making the same comment repeatedly: "Oh, my God.  How the HELL do they plan on running in THAT?!?"  I still had the usual pre-race jitters (felt like I had to use the restroom repeatedly...had to check/re-check my ipod, outfit, sneakers, etc).  I hope I eventually can just get over those and just be able to run.

The course was great (see below), the weather was great (high 40's/low 50's) and the fall colors were gorgeous.  

5k around Lake Harriet in Minneapolis, MN...BEAUTIFUL!

Best news the whole thing?!?

My time was 32:24!  46 seconds off of my previous time...

NEW PERSONAL RECORD FOR ME!!!

And this was despite the fact that I had to repeatedly pull up my awesome, metallic green leggings.  After about the first 50 feet, I knew the race was going to suck and that I'd be pulling up my pants the whole time.  I was right.  The stupid leggings not only kept slouching down, they also kept pulling down my underwear.  By about 100 yards, I could feel my underwear about mid-way down my rump.  Thank goodness for our nice capes because I had to (discreetly) reach my hands down my pants and pull up my underwear and then keep pulling up the leggings...all while trying to run...

Classy...

**Note to self: If you plan on running in costume, do a test run before your actual run...


Oh, and my first finisher medal!

Kiss me like you mean it...

I'm really glad I had Kali and Christa there.  I feels great to be running and know that some great people are totally sharing in your pain...

And a big thanks goes out to Lee, Sean and Derek for cheering us on/holding our stuff.  Way to go, supporters!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment