Monday, October 10, 2011

I Swear It Isn’t An Excuse!

Monday I blogged about “no more excuses” and getting back on track and I had full intentions of doing so.  Monday was gorgeous out, so I was going to stop at Target and then head home and go for a run before dinner.

FAIL!


I was 3 miles from home waiting at a stoplight in front of the high school when I glanced in my rearview mirror and said, “Oh, $#!*...”  There was a white truck headed for me at a good clip and he wasn’t stopping.  I tried to slightly pull to the left, but that would have been into oncoming traffic.  I gripped the steering wheel and tightened up my whole body for the impact…and he hit me…

He hit my new car…my poor baby…my 2012 Ford Focus…and no, that is not a bullet hole (though I have NO idea what poked it...)...

Apparently…it was a dealer car and it was a huge mess, but we are getting it taken care of.  I thank God that Lee picked up Lilly that day and she wasn’t with me.  I’m alright except for a sore back for a few days and this…



I get in a car accident and I get a bruise the size of a dime.  Seriously?!?  The girl who bumps into something and that body part turns black and blue!  And less than a week later, it is just about gone!  *sigh*  Regardless, I’m glad I’m okay.  The sore back kept me from getting back into a workout regimen.  To be honest, last week was rough and even after my back was better, I was just way worn out physically and emotionally.

But today is the day!  I'm getting back on track with my calorie counting and watching what I'm eating and exercising.  Unless I break an ankle or get hit by a bus (*knocks on wood*), I'm going for a run tonight and perhaps doing some Jillian...?!?  I have an idea of how to keep myself more accountable, but we will see how it goes and you may be seeing another post from me tonight.  After all, I have 19 days until the Monster Dash 5k (and the costume pieces are starting to fall into place)!!!

Wish me luck!!!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment