Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Couch 2 5k: Week 7 Day 2

*Hangs head in shame*

Yes, I do realize that my blogs being so far apart implies that I have not been keeping up my runs.  Well, I wish I could say implied, but truly, that is the reality.  This month has been hectic (to say the least) and with being out of town and just being worn out from work, I have lost my motivation to run.  I pulled my ass out of bed this morning at 5 a.m. and, despite being quite tired, I made myself run.  Here is the run breakdown for W7D2:
  • 4 Minute Warm-Up Walk (should be 5)
  • 25 Minute Run
  • 2 Minute Cool-Down Walk (should be 5)
  • Total: 31 Minutes
And here are my stats for today's run:
  • Run Time: 25 Minutes
  • Walk Time: 6 Minutes
  • Distance: 2.42 Miles
  • Run Pace: 12:08
  • Overall Pace: 12:47
I am well aware how terrible those stats are, but I'm okay with it.  I haven't run in a week (urgh...awful), but that doesn't matter.  Around the 5 minute mark of my run, I got some terrible side pain.  It was a bit like stitches, but more under my rib.  It was the worst running pain I've ever had.  I could barely breathe, but I forced myself to "run" (what was really more like swinging my arms like I was running, but kind of only hop stepping) until I got off the highway, but then I just kept pushing myself and finished.  I also got scared by my own shadow on the bushes and trees in the dark.  I thought it was someone coming to kidnap me...seriously.  I was all set to book it back home!

Anywoo, I am pleased to say that despite my culinary weekend road trip to Milwaukee with my sister, I am back down to where I was with weight loss (I had gained a few pounds, but I think it was water retention from all of the sodium I ingested).  I know that the next 12 days with most likely not provide me the same fate...

THE GREAT MINNESOTA STATE FAIR STARTS TOMORROW!!!

That brings lots of delightful food and fun.  And walking.  Walking around the fair counter-balances the Sweet-Salty-Battered-DeepFried-Delights On-A-Stick, right?  An ode to the State Fair...tonight!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment