Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Couch 2 5k: Week 5 Day 3

As I said in my original post, I re-started my C25K (Couch to 5k) workout plan once again last week.  This morning, I did my W5D3 (Week 5 Day 3) run.  For those that are unfamiliar with the plan, this is the first "no walk" run.  Each run throughout the plan starts with a five minute warm-up walk and ends with a five minute cool-down walk.  For most runs, the running portion is broken up into chunks, seperated by walking breaks.

Not today.

Today was the "Walk 5 minutes and then run for 20 while your heart explodes and then cool down with another 5 of walking" run.  I did it, though, and it felt great!

After my runs, I like to use MapMyRun to track my mileage and to calculate my running vs. overall pace, etc.  During these, "no walk" runs, it gets a bit easier because I don't have to do multiple maps and add the mileage of my running portions and divide by my run time, etc., etc., etc.  I use the Cool Runnings Pace Calculator to figure out my time per mile (it is a useful tool).  Well, here were today's stats:


  • Run Time: 20 Minutes
  • Walk Time: 8 Minutes (I was crunched for time, so I shortened the warm-up to only 3 minutes)
  • Distance: 2.35 Miles
  • Run Pace: 10:49 Per Mile
  • Overall Pace: 11:53 Per Mile


For not running in a long while, I am okay with these stats.  I need to up my mileage and pace, but that will come with more training.

As far as food goes, I know that will be my big struggle this month, especially.  The Fair alone will be my downfall, but I will just have to keep trying to do my best.

I had a doctor appointment today...you know...one of those yearly physical things.  Blog about THAT tomorrow.  Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment