Friday, August 5, 2011

Couch 2 5k: Week 6 Day 1

Had a decent run this morning.  It was weird because I felt tired a few minutes into it and on every single run.  The walks didn't make me feel much better.  I actually would prefer to just run without the breaks...my body gets all weird from them.  Anyway, I figured it was just that I had a crummy super last night.  Well, when I got done and calculated my run pace, I realized that it had picked up a little bit...maybe that was why?  Regardless, here is the run breakdown for W6D1:
  • 5 Minute Warm-Up Walk
  • 5 Minute Run
  • 3 Minute Walk
  • 8 Minute Run
  • 3 Minute Walk
  • 5 Minute Run
  • 5 Minute Cool-Down Walk
  • Total: 34 Minutes
And here are my stats for today's run:
  • Run Time: 18 Minutes
  • Walk Time: 16 Minutes
  • Distance: 2.74 Miles
  • Run Pace: 10:28
  • Overall Pace: 12:24
I'm okay with that.  I'm just happy that my run pace didn't fall!  I felt okay after the run, aside from being bummed that I had felt tired and worn out the entire time.  Not much I can do about it now and I'm not going to overthink it.  I'm still early in my training and I'm trying to just go with whatever happens.

Signed up for the Dave Ryan's 5k for Special Olympics on September 17th with This Girl.  Anybody wants to join us is welcome!  Maybe we can even grab post-race treats (food/beverages/energy bars or something like that)!  I'm really excited to get people together to do this.  We can all start together, but there is no saying we have to finish together.  Whomever finishes first gets to cheer on everyone else!  That's my thought, anyway...

I lied about blogging about the doctor.  I PROMISE I will do that this weekend at some point.  Things have just been CRAZY this week and I just haven't gotten to it.  As for now, I'm outtie!

No comments:

Post a Comment