Monday, July 16, 2012

Du Training Day 2: Complete!

I have made Monday my Du Training Day, since it is my day off.  I am really happy with my workout today:

Ran 2 miles on the treadmill in 19:15 (9:34 pace)
Biked 12.5 miles in 56:15 (13.4 mph pace)
Ran 1.25 miles on the treadmill in 11:59 (9:30 pace)
Walked 1 mile on the treadmill in 18:04

It is hot out and sunny.  Yikes!  According to dailymile, I lost 991 calories (without the walk...which put me over 1,000).  That makes me feel a little better about this past weekend, but that is a different post...

The first run felt pretty good.  I was a little tired, but it went well.  I figure if I can keep up some speed right now during training, when I tone things back a bit and slow down, it should be a little easier (I hope!).

The bike was decent.  I took a route with lots of rolling hills...and I suck at hills.  However, for being the second time on the bike...it went well enough.

The second run I was just wishing were over because I was so hot and sweaty and had jelly legs from biking.  I pushed myself, though, and I'm glad I did.  Once I build things up again...my endurance, my stamina, my muscle memory...I WILL be able to do this thing.

I feel great now that it is done!  Time for some ab work, a shower, more water/Gatorade and LUNCH!!!

XOXO

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Minneapolis Duathlon: http://www.minneapolisdu.org/

      Delete
    2. Good luck!
      Sounds like your training is off to a good start!

      Delete