Monday, April 2, 2012

What Will April Bring?

I lost no weight these past two weeks.  To be fair, I wasn't actually trying.  I stopped counting calories, kept eating (fairly) well, and just let my body reset.

You see, my last few pounds seemed to be impossible to lose, despite me cutting my calories way back and amping up my runs.  My body seemed to be telling me, "HEY!  STOP TAKING MY FAT AWAY!  I'm done giving it to you!"  Some would say that I "plateaued", but I don't really believe that plateaus are real.  I think they are an easy excuse as to why people aren't losing the weight they want to.  It is easier to say that you have hit a plateau than to amp up your workouts and adjust calories (I know...trust me...I know).

Anyway, the past few weeks, I decided to eat a normal amount of calories each day and let my body settle back into a normal calorie intake mode and not, "QUIT TAKING MY FOOD!" mode.

I'm ready to get back into it.  I probably won't be as crazy about it as before, but I'd still like to see if I can get under 140 by the time Kali and I head to Baltimore Columbia for our business trip.  It will have to be a good balance of training for my half and eating the right kind of calories.  Did I mention that training makes me want to constantly eat?  Could it be that a long run torches SO many calories it makes me crazy (10 miles yesterday = about 1,000 calories burned)?

Can I do it?  We shall see.

Did the reset help me?  I'm not sure.  Time will tell.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment