Thursday, April 19, 2012

7 Miles on a Wednesday Evening

I had a nice 7 mile run on the treadmill last night.  I really didn't want to do it, but I did it...especially after Lee said something along the lines of "You know you will be disappointed in yourself if you don't do it".  That made me do it.

It went great.  Felt good during the run and ran it in 1:04:50.  That's a pace of 9:15 per mile!  I've been trying to do some of my non-long/weekday runs at a higher pace, espcially on the treadmill where I can force myself to stay at the higher pace or risk falling off and getting treadmill burn!

(I'm not kidding...I seriously have nightmares that I will trip, slip off the back, and end up with treadmill burn on my entire face because the thing won't turn off and I'll be stuck!!!  Irrational???).

Anyway, after my run, I was fine, but as soon as I got upstairs, my left quad is really sore.  I don't know if it is because I didn't stretch enough after my run, or what, but it really hurts.

My Luurrrrrrrvvvveeeer for the Day (Along with my Coffee)

I'm going to try to get my scheduled 3 mile in today, but if I need to, I will err on the side of resting since I have my 12 mile (!!!) on Saturday...  Cross your fingers, so my leg will be better by the evening!  We are going to see Jess, Jerrod, Aiden and Bella tonight (Lilly is really excited!!!), so I have a little more time than usual.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment