Thursday, April 5, 2012

Sometimes, You Just Have A Bad Run...

I had one yesterday...big time...

I had a 7 mile run to complete.

Mapped out a nice out-and-back course and was headed out for my lunch hour.

It was windy and sunny and I heated up quickly.

I ditched my jacket around the first half mile, knowing I'd be there to pick it up on my way back.

It was another run where the wind was pushing against me every way I went.

By 2 miles, I was exhausted and thought about quitting.

I pushed myself (and felt AWFUL the entire time), but had to cut it short at 6.5 miles.

I hit the treadmill (where I could regulate my pace) as soon as I got home for the last half mile.

At least I completed the awful 7 miles.

And then I had to drive quick to pick up my jacket because I didn't pass it on the way home.

Winner.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment