Monday, April 23, 2012

Training

Run training lately?  Not so good.

I missed two runs last week which is really, really bad.

I missed my 3 mile run on Thursday because of my sore quad.

I missed my 12 mile run on Saturday because of my stupid ankle.

That was supposed to be my last BIG run before my first BIG race.

I'm going to still try to squeeze in some longer runs (maybe drag out a couple of my 3 mile runs to 4 mile runs...since I really need the mileage.

Otherwise...I'M IN TAPER MODE!!!

My half marathon is only 13 days away.  I'm getting nervous...really nervous (Especially since I missed the 12 mile run...)!

I have the Get in Gear 10k this weekend and then the Lake Minnetonka Half Marathon the next and then the Race for the Cure 5k the weekend after.  Three races three weekends in a row.  At least I get a break when I'm in Europe, right?

I've decided that to fuel myself for these upcoming races, I really need to eat better...especially these next two weeks.  Gotta prep my body to run like a cheetah!

That's is all for now.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment