Monday, June 18, 2012

Humid Runs Don't Make You Pretty...

It is no secret that I bombed my last race.

I've said it before and I will say it again: the Minneapolis Half Marathon was Hell.

I haven't even put on my running shoes since.

Today, that changed.

Once the rain/lightening/thunder stopped, I put them on, laced them up, went for a quick walk with Dad, grabbed my iPod and was off into the sun.

It was terrible outside.  Like I said, it had just stopped raining and the sun was blazing, so the humidity was WAY up.  It was 85% by the time I got back...and it was better when I got back...  I'm not a fan of the summer because I DON'T. LIKE. HEAT.

I hate being hot...and ugh...I am hot right now.

Anyway, I had no plans for this run other than to stick in the neighborhood in case in went poorly.  I looped a few times and when I thought I couldn't run any further, I pushed down one more road and then home.  I saw that I had done 2.44 miles and knew I could bump it to 3.25 miles, but not outside.  Came inside and hoped on the treadmill to finish it out.

3.25 miles in 33:26 seconds.

It wasn't pretty, but I did it and I'm glad I did.

And I wasn't so pretty afterwards...


I had planned to do something else today, too.  Perhaps some strength training or biking or something, but being my first day back and in the humidity...just didn't happen.  PS...I think it is about to rain again...


Now, to shower, grab some grub, finish a bit of laundry, and go get my husband from work for his surgery.

BTW...Lee is having knee surgery today...he tore his meniscus and they are going to fix it...30 minute procedure...I will keep you posted.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment