Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Double Workout

Last night, I got in some good exercise.

They may have been two...more "untraditional" workouts...but workouts nonetheless.

First, mowing the lawn in the 90°F heat and super humidity.  The lawn isn't huge, it is just four different sections with some funny turns and spaces...especially the back yard!

After that made me good and sweaty, I told Lilly I had a brilliant idea and we should go swimming.  In the big pool.  Her eyes were huge and lit up.  I couldn't believe how excited she was!  I had her have Daddy get her in her swimper while I got in my swim suit and grabbed hers.  We put her suit on, grabbed some towels, and headed out back.

Last year, she had NO interest in the pool.  We tried bringing her in a few times, but she would scream and want out.  This made me nervous, but she seemed excited, so we went for it.  We sat on the edge at first and dangled our feet.  It was FREEZING COLD...about 12°F is my guess.  I asked Lilly if she wanted to go in and she did, so I held her under the armpits and let her dip in a bit.  She kicked and was smiling and having a grand ol' time.  Eventually, we decided it was too cold to swim, wrapped ourselves in our towels and headed toward the house.  Then, came the "I don' wanna go in da house.  I wanna go in da poo."  I dipped her in a few more times and then pulled her out, stood her up, sighed and asked, "Do you want Mama to come in and go swimming with you?"  She screamed "YEAH!!!" and it was decided.  We went back up on the deck, dropped off our towels, and stuck our feet in again.  I told her to give me a minute to get used to it and I slooooowwwly slipped in.  She kept trying to hop into my arms, but I kept telling her to at least give me a chance to get off of my tippy-toes and onto my flat feet in the water (yeah...it was that kind of cold).  Eventually, I just took a breath and dunked down to my shoulders, stood back up and grabbed Lil.  We walked around in the water for a while, looked at the filter and the water pump, and then the fun started.

I got her to do a little swimming (kicking while I held her under the arms and tummy) and she pretended she was both a fish and a frog.  Then, we spent quite a while running and swimming away from all the different things that were chasing us.  Every single time we would get a break, something else would come after us.  There were (but not limited to) a bear, the Forte Giant (from Little Einsteins), a tiger, a pair of pants (yes...a pair of pants) and some big bugs.  These all came from Tooties brain...it is amazing what comes out of a 2 year old's mind.  We had a great time smiling and giggling and spending time together.  I got hugs and kisses and "I love you, Mama"s and we had a great time.  Eventually, she was cold, so we went in and took a warm bath.

I asked her if we should do that again sometime.  She agreed that was a good idea.

Kids rule.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment