Thursday, September 8, 2011

Couch 2 5k: Week 8 Day 1

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!

The State Fair did not do what I had hoped it would.  To be honest, I had hoped it would make me gain about 5 to 7 pounds and that I would be mad at myself and get  über motivated to get in gear again.

Not so much.

With all of the delightful foods at the Fair and spending eight days there (yes...I said eight), I gained about two pounds.

That is it.

I don't know if it was the fact that I was already eating better or I just got sick of food right away, but I didn't eat a whole lot this year.  On top of that, the State Fair is a LOT of walking.  I walked over six miles the first day alone.  Whether the walking mostly countered the caloric intake or what, I don't know.  I do know that I did NOT want to run tonight.  The motivation has yet to return.  I was going to go this morning, but just couldn't do it.  I made Lee promise to make me go tonight.  And he did...ugh...he was a nag.  But it worked to get me out there and it wasn't for a lack of revolting on my part.  I told him I was tired, that I had a headache, that I already went, that blah blah blah...but he still made me go.  And here is the run breakdown for W8D1:
  • 5 Minute Warm-Up Walk
  • 28 Minute Run
  • 5 Minute Cool-Down Walk
  • Total: 38 Minutes
And here are my stats for today's run:
  • Run Time: 28 Minutes
  • Walk Time: 10 Minutes
  • Distance: 3.08 Miles
  • Run Pace: 11:09
  • Overall Pace: 12:19
I am shocked at how much better I did tonight, despite 12 days of the Fair in town and not running in over two weeks.  Maybe I just needed some time off...???  I actually set my app to run the W7D3, but then I would have ended up walking my cool down with some weird lady and her dogs, so I kept running...and knew that W8D1 was only 3 more minutes of running...and I did it!  I was .02 miles short of a 5k, but I still have a week to get there.  :)

Tomorrow is weigh-in day, so we will see how it goes!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment