Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Couch 2 5k: Week 9 Day 1

I have really been a running slacker, so I decided to suck it up and jump up to W9D1, which is the 30 minute run.  I forced myself and it went alright.  Here is the run breakdown for W9D1:
  • 3 Minute Warm-Up Walk (should be 5 minutes)
  • 30 Minute Run
  • 5 Minute Cool-Down Walk
  • Total: 38 Minutes
And here are my stats for today's run:
  • Run Time: 30 Minutes
  • Walk Time: 8 Minutes
  • Distance: 3.28 Miles
  • Run Pace: 10:45
  • Overall Pace: 11:33
My run pace got a little better, which surprised me since I didn't feel like it went all that great.  I felt about the same as the last one.  Oh, well.  Just gotta keep going!

"Just keep swimming.  Just keep swimming.  Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming."



My 2nd ever 5k is on Saturday.  I will be running Dave Ryan's 5k for Special Olympics with Kali (props to her...it is her 1st 5k and she is going to rock it!), her boyfriend Sean (perhaps?) and my brother and Race for the Cure companion, Jason.  It shall be a good time, as the weather will be nice and brisk, and I vow to eat Al's Breakfast, afterward!!!

Ah...my true motivation comes out...

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment