Monday, September 17, 2012

Big News


Tomorrow, after 3.5 years of hunting and ups and downs, Lee and I will finally become homeowners.

I keep getting the same question…

“Are you excited?!?!?”

The answer?  Not really.  Truthfully, I think we have been up and down so many times over the years we have been going at it, I am having trouble believing that this is FINALLY it.  I think maybe that tomorrow, when all is said and done, when we have signed our lives away, when all the paperwork is complete, when we get our keys and enter our home for the first time ever…THEN…I will be excited.

After painting this week after work and an all-day paint-a-thon on Friday, we are moving in on Saturday.

The one emotion I can pull out of everything I feel?  Nervousness.

I’m nervous about Lilly.  I’m nervous about her having trouble adjusting to not having Grammy and Papa there all the time to hang out with and spoil her rotten. Granted, they will still only be a few miles away (oh, sorry…2.5 miles, driveway to driveway), I’m still worried about how she will do with the separation (same with my mom!).  I think lots of visits will be in order, especially for the first few weeks.

This past week has been Hell with the maybe's and possibly's...but it is official (pending final walk-through) that we are closing tomorrow!

Here's to a new adventure for the Vanden Busch clan!!!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment