Saturday, May 5, 2012

Less Than 16 Hours...

The nerves have officially started to hit...big time...

Tomorrow is my big day...

Tomorrow is going to be a huge day!  I have to run my half marathon and then catch a plane with Kali to exotic Columbia, MD.  The timeline is very tight.  Here is the planned schedule:

5:00 a.m. - Get up and get ready!
6:00 a.m. - Leave the house for Wayzata
7:00 a.m. - Arrive in Wayzata to prep for the race
8:12 a.m. - Start running my first half marathon! (I'm in wave #4, which is supposed to start {roughly} at 8:12...)
10:45 a.m. - Must be finished with said half marathon!  Quickly get post-race food and drink and hug Lilly and Lee!
11:15 a.m. - Leave Excelsior Commons Park for the Brand household
Noon - Arrive at the Brand household to shower like a speed demon
12:30/1:00 - Leave the Brand household
1:00/1:30 - Arrive at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport

As you can see, if I run too slow, I screw up the whole entire plan.  If I run at a quicker pace...BONUS EXTRA TIME!!!

We went this morning to get my packet.  I grabbed a pace band for both the 2:20:00 and 2:30:00 pace groups.  I haven't decided yet which I will run with, but I have to finish NO SLOWER than 2:30:00, or my schedule fails.  I'm leaning toward 2:20:00, knowing that I can always drop back a bit if need be.  WISH ME LUCK!!!  This may be weird, but I'm running with only one ear bud in.  That way I can hear my music still, but if somebody wants to yell my name (it is totally on my bib!) and boost my mood, I will be able to hear it.

My Bib and Potential Pace Bands...

BTW...just have to mention that it is supposed to be 66° F and scattered thunderstorms tomorrow for the Lake Minnetonka Half Marathon (but more like 56° F and T-Storms around race time).  It was supposed to be low 60's and sunny, but not anymore.  I thought I was going to get a break after last weekend's race, but I was wrong.  CROSS YOUR FINGERS FOR GOOD WEATHER!!!


XOXO



No comments:

Post a Comment