Friday, August 17, 2012

Truths (Excuses...Excuses...)

  • My last blog post was on 8/1/12.  That is 16 days ago.  The last one before that was on 7/23/12.  Do better, Kate, do better...
  • Life has been quite busy this month and things are looking to slow down soon.
    • Lee and my four year anniversary was on the 2nd.  We grabbed dinner together, but that was about it.
    • A great friend got married last weekend and we had a great time being part of it.  I will make a post about that (I PROMISE) very soon.
    • Bean got hurt on Sunday night...like almost had to bring her to the ER at bedtime.  She decided to jump through a hulu hoop at the coffee table, mouth first.  Tooth went into lip.  Blood everywhere.  Hysterics.  She is healing (even better than I am!)
    • Tuesday was "Bake Like an Animal - Round 1" for the State Fair Creative Activies Contests.  I had to make brownies and tried my hand at canning for the first time (pepper jelly).  Had to submit it Wednesday.
    • Bean had a pre-op appointment last night (she is having tubes put in on Monday).  Went well and her lip is fine, too!
    • Tomorrow is "Bake Like an Animal - Round 2" for the Fair as I have four more items to submit on Sunday.  I'm also doing a training run-bike-run with my brother.  We will see how that goes.
    • Sunday is drop off day at the Fair
    • Monday is Bean's surgery, so I get to take a day off work and watch movies with her all day (Can I get a "Little Einsteins" up in here?!?)
    • THURSDAY IS THE START OF THE GREAT MINNESOTA STATE FAIR!!!  I AM SO EXCITED!!!  Corn dogs and Tonic Sol Fa and cream puffs and Wilson Phillips and cheese curds and free bags and wild rice cheeseburgers and Little Farm Hands and All The Milk You Can Drink and more!  And this fun goes through Labor Day!!!
    • Minneapolis Duathlon is on Sunday the 26th.  My wave starts at 7:26 a.m.
    • There is some other stuff thrown in there, too!
    • Oh, yeah...and work has been SUPER busy...
  • That is about all I have for now.  I promise to try to write more.  Key word is try.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment